Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Mom's new "Tribute to Thanksgiving Flag"

William has decided to stop smiling for photos. Apparently for this six-year old, it takes too long to pose and wait for the flash. So, I either get a picture like this, or I have to sneak up on him and take a picture without him noticing. He always makes funny faces and says "smiling" is for babies.

On Thanksgiving Day, we stopped by to see my very good friend, Jennifer Nash. Jennifer is one of our oldest friends in PC. She attended our 1999 wedding and has graciously helped with William and the Stagecoach House on more occasions than I can count. Jennifer is a buyer and salesperson for Hilda's on Main Street, and her personal clothes are jaw-dropping. You cannot see the detail in this photo, but her sweater is 100% cashmere and real mink, compliments of Hilda.
I received some incredibly sad news today. My wonderful stepfather Louis was diagnosed with cancer last week. It is hard to imagine such a strong man coming down with such an awful illness. We are thinking positive thoughts and saying prayers to aid in his speedy recovery.

No comments: