Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Bear & A Haircut

There is a bear in Pinebrook. For the last few nights, a large black bear has been raiding trash cans in our neighborhood. I was totally oblivious to the bear until my friend Linda Zielinski found out William's sleep-over plans included a camp-out in a friend's yard. "I would not let him go," she said. "Haven't you heard about the bear?" Apparently I had not since I was packing William's sleeping bag while I was talking to her. Like my other neighbors, Linda has set traps in her yard, and has even caught sight of the bear on several occasions. Now I was nervous. I made a call to the parents hosting the sleep-over to find out who was on animal watch. They assured me all would be fine. The bear is still loose, and William's sleep-over was a great success.
I got my hair cut today. I walked in the salon, and said, "Let's make the color light and bright, and by-the-way, could you take 6-inches off?" Feeling confident about my choice, I left the salon and drove home. I was excited for William to see my hair, as I am always excited when he gets his hair cut. With tears welling-up, William looked at me and said, "What happened to your hair?" He then burst into tears. "Why are you crying?," I asked him. "Don't you like Mommy's hair?" "No. I don't like it. "I want my old-Mommy back," he sobbed.

No comments: